Job opportunity – Interstitial Lung Disease specialist nurse Band 6. University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a registered nurse with 1-2 years of respiratory experience to join the Interstitial Lung Disease Service.
Working within the Interstitial Lung Disease Specialist service you will look after a complex and diverse group of patients. The post involves monitoring patients with Interstitial Lung disease in a clinical setting. The ideal candidate needs to exhibit a keen interest in management of Interstitial Lung Disease, patient education, breathlessness management and Palliative care.
You will also be able:
• To provide Nurse led clinics.
• Be competent in the use of oxygen therapies
• To have expert knowledge on appropriate medicines management
• Dedicated and motivated in providing exceptional patient care
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Work well within a multi disciplinary team and individually
• You should have excellent clinical decision making skills, and to be able to be able to respond to the demanding nature of complex-health problems.
These duties require you to demonstrate leadership in the absence of the Band 7
Please contact Helen Morris or Tracey Marshall Interstitial Lung Disease Specialist Nurses, Tel 0161 291 4936.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Helen Morris or Tracey Marshall – Lead ILD Specialist Nurses:
0161 291 4936